BRUNCH: Saint James (Hamilton)

Saturday 19 November 2016


Saint James (Hamilton)

* Hello there, what you are about to read is my super awkward and formal rating of this Brunch spot. I only decided to create this series of posts because I thought it would be something that I would actually use while trying to pick a place for brunch (I have terribly indecisive friends that have ruined me forever). In other words, I thought it would be useful. Please keep in mind that these are simply my opinions, I do not have any professional training in the area.. I also have little to no say in the amount of customers that come into any given establishment (Neither I, nor my blog, are that popular). *
What did I order?
The menu was written in large letters on a brown paper scroll hanging from the wall, which was pretty cool! I ordered the avocado on toast made vegan (without the cheese and egg).

Taste: 5/5
*  *  *  *  *
I have to say, I have always loved avocado on toast! The combination of the pesto, lentils and roasted red peppers really gave this one a unique flavour. It almost had an Italian feel to it. It was AWESOME. Both me and my boyfriend knew we would be back again. 

Price: 3/5
*  *  *  *  *
The price was pretty reasonable. If I remember correctly it was about 11$ for my meal. The only reason I gave it a mark off was because my meal was the same price as the non-vegan version. I got less food, but still had to pay the same price... They even give me a discount at subway because I don't order the cheese. ;)

Atmosphere/Presentation: 4/5
*  *  *  *  *
The restaurant was brightly lit from the big windows at the font and beautifully decorated in a minimalist fashion. I am always a fan of bright and neutral spaces. It did feel a little cramped, due to lack of space. But that was the only concern in this department. The food was decently presented, no complaints here!


Overall Rating 4/5
*  *  *  *  *
The taste really won me over and I loved the graphics on the take-away cups. Although it was a little cramped in the restaurant, it didn't take away from the overall comfort of my meal. I will be back for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment