BRUNCH: The Cannon Coffee Co. (Hamilton)

Saturday 19 November 2016

The Cannon Coffee Co. (Hamilton)

*Hello there, what you are about to read is my super awkward and formal rating of this Brunch spot. I only decided to create this series of posts because I thought it would be something that I would actually use while trying to pick a place for brunch (I have terribly indecisive friends that have ruined me forever). In other words, I thought it would be useful. Please keep in mind that these are simply my opinions, I do not have any professional training in the area.. I also have little to no say in the amount of customers that come into any given establishment (Neither I, nor my blog, are that popular). *





What did I order?
I ordered a waffle made vegan with a side of seasonal berries.

Taste: 5/5
*  *  *  *  *
I'm not really one for sweets, I usually tend to lean towards the more savoury side. But these waffles were AWESOME. They were fluffy and warm and they give you enough maple syrup to cover the whole thing. The waffles did have more of a "whole food" taste to them, but I like that a lot. I think it was due to the flax seeds in the waffles they use to replace the eggs..

Price: 5/5
*  *  *  *  *
The price was really good for what you get! The waffle itself was only about 5$ and then the add on's cost extra. My whole meal was only about 7$. I liked that there was no difference in price between the vegan/gf option and the regular option. Usually vegan/gf food comes at a higher price or you have to pay just as much even when you are sub-ing out the animal products. 

Atmosphere/Presentation: 4/5
*  *  *  *  *
The whole place had a really cozy feel to it. I wish there was more places to sit to avoid the inevitable wait time for a table, but it wasn't too bad. The windows at the front lit the whole restaurant and you could see directly into the kitchen. The chairs and tables were stylishly mix matched, and it all came together really nicely. The staff were super helpful and friendly. The meal also was beautifully presented when it came to us!


Overall Rating 4.5/5
*  *  *  *  *
Although I have to been in the mood for a sweeter breakfast before coming here, I would definitely return for the atmosphere alone. The meal was light and not overwhelming, I always like to feel good and energetic while walking out of a restaurant... especially after brunch. Ready to take on a busy Saturday of errands. We will for sure be back here!





2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! And great presentation always gets me too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, It was!! Hahaha glad I am not the only one!

      Delete